This suite tests only vanilla XHTML MP and does NOT test CSS. XHTML MP coverage is nearly exhaustive,
with only a few limitations:
- CSS, <link>, <style> (negligible CSS in this suite)
- <a> character set/language, MIME, and rel/rev
- <form> MIME
- <table> axis, header, scope (none of which are well supported
in any browser)
- <object> and <param>
- META expires, set-cookie, and cache-control (tests under development)
- 11/23/2009: Updated linktel.xhtml and WIT guide to accomodate two way audio test
- 2/2/2009: formtext.xhtml, formpass.xhtml and formselect.xhtml WIT Guide corrections and clarifications made related to inline element placement and select field appearance.
- 2/29/2008: Many WIT Guide updates were made to test cases referenced in the upcoming 10776 update to clarify mandatory and critical behaviors.
- 1/30/08: imagetype test incorrectly used an interlaced PNG. Only baseline 8-bit and transparent 8-bit (both non-interlaced) are strictly required at this time.
- 11/30/07: Doc number 14652 test case 4.14.1 WML and 4.14.2 XHTML/CSS are to be marked failed if any "14652 critical" test fails. See online WIT documentation for affected test cases.
- 8/9/07: linkanchor.xhtml accesskey requirements relaxed to allow keys to be mapped to UI functions instead of accesskeys.
- 8/3/07: linklen.xhtml supports custom length URLs
- 9/19/06: linkanchor.xhtml extended with more SSL sites
- 9/12/06: entityother.xhtml extended with upper case Spanish special characters.
- 7/21/06: linkanchor.xhtml tests now hosted at a server with a chained Starfield -> Valicert certificate.
- 4/19/06: linkanchor.xhtml modified to drop external SSL test sites. These sites are fluid and may now be found on the SPE Test page linked off the WIT home page. Bookmarkable URL length tests have been modified by changing the IP-based URL to a domain-based URL.
- 2/9/06: linkmailto.xhtml modified to accept user-defined MSISDN and email.
- 1/26/06: formcap.xhtml added to test for support of 40 form input elements.
- 1/18/06: linktel.xhtml Tests simplified to only require WTAI make call. Send digits and save number are optional.
- 12/6/05: strucsize.xhtml, imagesize.xhtml Annotation for required page, CSS, and image size changed from 10k to 20k.
- 7/20/05: linkcount.xhtml The number of links per page has been increased from 20 to 40 to align with requirements.
- 11/3/04: imagetype.xhtml Instead of using the literal distinct filename of an OMA DRM file, DRM files are now requested via a common script and parameter that points to the desired DRM file. The purpose of this change is to get around a Windows IIS web server bug that delivers an HTTP 406 "unacceptable type" error even though the HTTP accept header and delivered MIME types match (the inclusion of the boundary parameter in the IIS MIME map for application/vnd.oma.drm.message; boundary="AWSWITServerRandomBoundaryValue" causes IIS to declare a match failure for the accept type application/vnd.oma.drm.message. The actual content delivered by the script remains unchanged. However, most phones save the received file under the name of the script rather than a distinctive filename.
- 5/8/04: strucsize.xhtml case added to test page size handling.
- 5/4/04: imagecount.xhtml case added to verify inline rendering of numbers of images.
- 5/4/04: imagesize.xhtml case added to verify inline rendering and direct download of various size image files.
- 4/30/04: linkanchor.xhtml has links with URL-encoded characters, http:// and https:// schemes, and explicit port 80 and 443.
- 4/21/04: linklen.xhtml added to verify ability to receive and act on long URLs.
- 4/15/04: linktel.xhtml modified to include tests for 24 digit dial and send-digit strings and 24 character names for phonebook. Send-digit strings include # and * characters.
- 4/15/04: linkcount.xhtml added to verify support for 20 links per page.
- 9/30/03: linktel.xhtml now includes WTAI send digits test.
- 5/2/03: tableattr.xhtml now requires borderless tables.
- 3/4/03: meta tests added to suite.
- 3/4/03: linkanchor.xhtml long URL tests corrected to include full
URLs (but no http://) to deal with browsers prepending base URL paths.
- 2/27/03: linktel.xhtml optional iHTML telephony commands corrected
to include mandatory fallback href attribute.
- 2/26/03: form suite enhanced to include functional submit buttons
on all pages. Cases and names have been slightly streamlined and test
case Excel listing has been updated.
- 2/23/03: tablecont.xhtml added to test various elements in tables.
- 2/17/03: texttags.xhtml changed to remove illegal blockquote nesting
and keep only the legal nesting.
- 2/17/03: linkanchor.xhtml named anchor behavior has been made optional
since the name attribute is not defined in XHTML MP.
- 1/15/03: imagewbmp, imagegif, imagejpg, imagepng linkimage, linkcert,
linkaudio, linkcardcal moved to Common suite.
- 1/13/03: forminpass.xhtml corrected to include missing code to enable
the stated accesskey.
- 12/16/02: textwrap.xhtml added. White space characters are encoded
using more compatible decimal codes rather than named entities which
often cause PC browser syntax errors.
- 11/27/02: linkmailto.xhtml Changed "&" character from
"%26" to "&" to cause proper parsing of
mail address, subject, and body arguments.
- 11/5/02: linkanchor.xhtml Added URL length tests for bookmarking,
direct URL, and redirect URL.
- 10/23/02: linkcert.xhtml Stale certificate link updated.
- 9/10/02: texttags.xhtml use of address, pre, and blockquote tags corrected
to make them standalone blocks within the body. Original usage mixed
them inside paragraphs with text which is disallowed. Blockquote was
also corrected to use an additional internal paragraph container since
raw text is disallowed.
- 9/3/02: imagegif.xhtml, imagejpg.xhtml, and imagepng.xhtml updated
to include all encoding variants.
- 8/30/02: textstruc.xhtml clarified to better capture line breaks,
inline SPAN and image behavior, and paragraph vertical spacing. Corrected
error to ensure uncontained SPAN elements were within valid container
- 8/28/02: forminsubpost.xhtml corrected to change the trivial first
form's method from "get" to "post". A second "post"
method form was always present on this page.
- 8/6/02: formlabel.xhtml and formtextarea.xhtml Added mandatory row
and column attributes to textarea and removed "disabled" attribute
because it doesn't exist in XHTML MP.
- 8/6/02: formselect.xhtml Deleted test for "disabled" attribute
from optgroup because it doesn't exist in XHTML MP.
- 8/6/02: form*.xhtml tidied up to include a mandatory form action attribute
with a dummy value (action="null.html") for test cases that
don't actually require any actual submit action. Also encapsulated text
and input elements inside parent blocks to prevent them from being ignored
by strict browsers.
- 7/26/02: formselect.xhtml guide corrected to remove verification of
a nonexistent accesskey behavior.
- 7/10/02: prestexthr.xhtml corrected to enclose free-standing presentation
tags inside a paragraph.
- 7/8/02: texttags.xhtml enhanced to make it easier to visually identify
- 6/19/02: XHTMLv2 suite introduced into service.